Monday, December 28, 2009

Whats a good dandruff shampoo? NOT head and Shoulders or Salsum Blue?

Looking for a good medicated shampoo. Personal expericences pleaseWhats a good dandruff shampoo? NOT head and Shoulders or Salsum Blue?
Denorex. The best stuff on the market as far as I am concerned. I have psoriasis on the scalp. But it only flares up when I am under tremendous stress. My answer has been Denorex, other family members suffer from this condition and also have found great results with this one. Extra-Strength is wonderful...your scalp will tingle with the menthol that is also in the shampoo. That will tell you it's working. Oh, it feels so good, helps alleviate the itching and eventually helps get the dandruff under control. Stay away from heavy or perfumed styling aids, they can worsen your condition.Whats a good dandruff shampoo? NOT head and Shoulders or Salsum Blue?
Try Selenium or Neutrogena dandruff shampoo.
T-Gel which is an over the counter shampoo. Any product with zinc in it is a good dandruff shampoo. Head %26amp; Shoulders does not work....ZINC is the main ingredient you should look for on a label.
I use Neutrogena. It's a milder dandruff shampoo than Selsun Blue. You're right - Head and Shoulders is not a good shampoo.





You might need something prescribed by a doctor. There's a good dandruff shampoo sold OTC at CVS that's like prescription strength, but I can't remember the name of it.
Sulfur 8
In my experience, look for something as mentioned above with ';Coal Tar'; as an ingredient. Neutrogena T-Gel is great (T for Tar). I think Denorex is another brand, and has a higher concentration of Coal Tar than T-Gel.





Expect a little tingling sensation on your scalp, and it will likely feel oddly cool.





Works very well.
For a good head rinse, use apple cider vinegar and water. Makes hair shiny and beautiful. Look up on the many websites about ACV and its magic. Really really works. I take internally to help my hair and nails grow. It has over 90 different vitamins and minerals. No joke!
Any shampoo that has tar in it. CVS has one called Therapy Shampoo. It's ugly brown but it works well.
It's not medicated, but it works really well. The medicated ones didn't really do much for me. So I tried Fructis sleek %26amp; shine shampoo. It's got a bunch of dif. fruit oils in it. It cleared up my dandruff, plus made my hair super shiny. On the bright side it's only $2.79 at Target, most of the time it's $1.99 if it's on sale.
In fact it is combination of two products. One is Dandrid to be applied at night as an oil is %26amp; the other is a shampoo to be applied next morning name is conaderm. Both are ketaconazole. If dadruff is severe you can take ketaconazole tabs orally also for 15 days.
Have you heard of arbonne, its AMAZING, I have had very bad dandruff all my life nothing has worked, I started using arbonne shampoo/condition and scalp treatment, it was all gone it 2 day, and hasn't came back, I can get you more info on it let me know.
Best dandruff shampoo available is Hearts Pet Dandruff Gel. It has prescription strength dandruff medicine without having to go out and get insurance and see a dermatologist. Both my wife and son used it on the advice of our neighbor. If that does not work spring for the doctor,

No comments:

Post a Comment