Saturday, December 19, 2009

Is there a certain type of shampoo that I can use that will keep a blue/purple coloring in my hair longer?

I have been looking around for a good color keeping shampoo/ conditioner with a blue or purple coloring but haven't had any luck yet. I recently colored my hair a deep blue/purple and want to keep it that way as long as possible!Is there a certain type of shampoo that I can use that will keep a blue/purple coloring in my hair longer?
i don't know any shampoo's or conditioner's that can do that, but don't use hot water when you are washing your hair because then the hot water will fade the color out faster.Is there a certain type of shampoo that I can use that will keep a blue/purple coloring in my hair longer?
Colourcare products are the only products I can see that will help prevent fading. The sunlight will bleach some of the colour out as well as the washing.





There are products that will enhance certain colours blond,brown and red tones in shampoo and conditioner. There may be a black version but whether this would give a blackover on your current shade is uncertain. Have you tried Goth sites or theatre products suppliers? There are styling products in the colours you mention so it may be a case of touching in the fading colour with those.
try biolage. I won't make your hair oily and it will keep the length. don't wash your hair in hot water either.
if you dyed your hair with like a 'crazy color' 'manic panic' style dye then there is no shampoo that will keep the color as it is only semi permanent dye. these dyes also act as a conditioner so i suggest when you wash your hair just add a bit of the color to your shampoo and leave on. this will stop the fading.(this is what i used to do)


but if you used a permanent dye, from a salon or out of a box then there is nothing you can do to keep the color as vibrant until your next due to dye your hair. you will just have to buy some color care products.

No comments:

Post a Comment