Saturday, December 19, 2009

My hairdresser told me to buy blue shampoo because it keeps the copper tones out of my blonde hair?

Does it acutally work?My hairdresser told me to buy blue shampoo because it keeps the copper tones out of my blonde hair?
it does it subltly, it won't permanently take it out, because it's not a dye or a bleach. (if you're looking to get rid of the orange, or brassiness then you need a toner)My hairdresser told me to buy blue shampoo because it keeps the copper tones out of my blonde hair?
Yes I would recommend it, but only use it once a week or your hair will start to turn an ugly tinge of grayish blue.
Hair has 4 basic colors (in this order) black, brown, red and blonde. Blue shampoo is specially designed to brighten blonde or white hair while blocking out the lower red tones. And YES, it does work. Some brands work better than others. Don't let your hairdresser talk you into buying ';their'; brand, when there are a number of terrific over-the-counter types out there, and they cost lots less.
that is true
Huh?
As a stylist and a bottle blonde I have to say that I've used the ';blue or purple'; shampoos and conditioners to tone down or brighten my blonde. From experience some works and some don't. They work best if you let them sit on your hair for a while before rinsing. My favorite is KMS Color Vitality. In fact I have it in my shower now. I love the smell and it helps get rid of the gold tones in my hair.





I have to admit that they only help to a certain extent and I'm an advocate for changing shampoo and conditioners often. So if you are having a big problem with gold tones in your hair you should talk to your stylist and have your color adjusted professionally if you do it at home now.
Yeah it does. ArtTec(sp?) makes a shampoo/conditioner in all different shades - but they make one in ';White Violet'; which is purple in color and is wonderful for blonde hair or highlighted hair. It keeps your blonde nice and bright and no coppery tones at all. You only have to use it maybe once a week or every two weeks because it does keep your highlights bright. The shampoo/conditioner can be pricey but they are worth every penny.

No comments:

Post a Comment