Thursday, December 24, 2009

Best shampoo for a blue dane?

My dane had achene and now has dry skin. I use Bio Groom flea and anti itch. I have started to use oxy med by tropic-clean for the dry skin. But nothing lasts more than 2 weeks. I do have my own shop and can bathe her but she has to ride to get there and she is not a good car rider. So if you have used something that helped better and longer please do tell.Best shampoo for a blue dane?
I had a blue dane also!! Blues have the color dilution issue unfortunately %26amp; I was lucky with mine in she came from a great breeder so her skin wasn't bad compared to most. I would suggest using first benzoyl peroxide on the bad spots only %26amp; let sit 5-10min. Then follow up with a chlorhexidine to spots %26amp; depending on brand allover. I use Soothe brand from Show Season which is 3% %26amp; oatmeal so it helps with any drying issues. The benzoyl will flush out the follicles then the other is anitbacterial.





We have more problems with her skin at my 1st home but when we moved about 12 mi away her skin cleared up %26amp; hardly had any problems again. I think it was the nearby pollution from very busy expressway at 1st home. Good luck %26amp; this should help keep the areas cleaner but they are always going to smell in time.Best shampoo for a blue dane?
I order my shampoos from Doctors Foster and Smith (they have really good prices on stuff), my older had dry skin and still gets it from time to time but I started using oatmeal shampoo from there with an actual doggy conditioner and it helped a lot. Another thing you can do is they sell skin and coat vitamins. My grandfather puts a tsp of veggie oil in his dogs food and her coat is so soft and no flakes.
One problem is over bathing..In your quest to try to stop the skin issue you may just be making it worse.


Another problem could be the food you are feeding..if feeding one of the low quality store brand foods it is likely a major factor in the skin problem.





I would recommend that you get her skin checked out by your vet..many people mistakenly think that their dog has dry skin and they bathe and treat on their own only to learn that the dog had some other issue going on.


Blue Danes are more prone to skin issues especially those that aren't well bred.
Try Melalucca oil shampoo, I use Natures Choice you can order on line. I also use a mixture of tea tree oil in water. Cures my Rotts problems, all my grooming customers love the results


Plus fish oil in her food


Good Luck


http://estore.websitepros.com/2053233/Ca鈥?/a>
i actually use bath and body works body washes on my dog they keep him clean itch free and smelling good.


just make sure u rinse him really good.


i even use conditioner for humans on him sometimes.


like pantine or finesse.


works great.





good luck
Wash the dog using and MILD dog shampoo, and rinse him thoroughly ... then carefully pour olive oil all over his coat and brush it in. Don't let it 'drip' (you can't wrap a full grown Dane into a towel for two hours) but if you do this 'conditioning' after every shampoo (no more often than once every two weeks when you are doing this 'treatment'), his skin should start looking better. You also should start making him 'bone soup' ... boil raw beef bones for two hours (you want as much of the 'center' of the bones to melt out as possible) and add the following: dried barley, carrots, sliced celery, bits of leftover meat and as much 'meat fat' as you can find. Give the dog a full two cups at first, then give him a cup every evening over his dry or canned food. Both the acne and the dry skin are because his food doesn't hav enough 'fat and natural oils' in it. Keeping him looking really good takes time ... you will have to learn that the more 'natural meat fat' you give him over time will help him to look better, and meanwhile the olive oil (which he'll 'lick off' for a 'double duty bath' effect) should make him feel more comfortable. Also, if you live in an area where the weather gets colder than 50 degrees, you'll need to buy him a HEAVY sweater or coat. I know he's a big dog, so you may think he doesn't need a coat, but the Great Dane is more like a chihuahua than one of the dogs with a heavier coat, and he needs 'protection' for his skin and short coat in 'cool' weather, and even more protection if it gets really cold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment