Thursday, December 24, 2009

Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo not working. What next?

I recently started getting dandruff. The Selsun Blue shampoo (has 3% Salicylic Acid) I am using isn't working. It cleans out the dandruff and stops the itch but I can still tell my scalp is pretty dry and flaky. I'm am curious if the salicylic is causing my skin become extremely dry.





My skin is pretty sensitive so I need something that isn't going to chemically irritate my skin. I was considering buying Head and Shoulders (has selenium sulfide) or maybe something with zinc pyrithione. Will more 'natural' dandruff shampoos like from Body Shop/Kiehl's be less harsh on my scalp? Any suggestions?Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo not working. What next?
Hi there,





Selsun blue not working? that is a little strange but try the following, it is a natural approah to dandruff and dry scalp:





What you need:





1. The NATURAL Tea Tree Oil





2. Motions dandruff shampoo





3. Any Herbal anti-dandruff shampoo





4. The Natural Vitamin E Oil





This is what to do;





1. Rub the Tea Tree Oil in your head(all over where the dandruff is)





2. Leave it in for 10-15 minutes





3. Wet the hair





4. Wash the hair with any anti Herbal dandruff shampoo, about 3 times.





4. Wash out the shampoo and dry the hair.





5. After you have dried the hair grease it with Vitamin E Oil all over.





Doing this for atleast 2 times a week will help you.





Try it it works!





=]Selsun Blue dandruff shampoo not working. What next?
Plain old Tar Gel shampoo (T-Gel or similar generic) will generally work well.





If you want to try a more natural route, Tea Tree Oil works very well. You can either apply it directly to your scalp before you wash your hair or buy shampoo with tea tree oil in it. I have found that direct application works better but it does burn a bit sometimes - though the irritation will go away.
Hi, i have had a similar problem with dandruff. I tried using Head and Shoulders originally and it made the dandruff worse so I switched to the cheapo Walmart anti-dandruff shampoo and it worked for me. My advice is to try the H%26amp;S, it may work. Try different brands, as not all anti-dandruff


shampoos are the same. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment